Friday 25 April 2008

Spring Cleaning with a Raw Food Detox

The daffodils are over, and bluebell season is well underway.

We had a lovely (if a little soggy) camping trip to Devon, and now Joe is back at school.

I have just started a 100% raw food detox.

I'm not doing a total juice fast, but will be enjoying raw juices, green smoothies, and whole fruit and vegetables. I'm going to keep my fat intake down, and just have a few soaked almonds in my tea time smoothie. At least that is the plan. I may have my favourite raw protein smoothie at lunch time too?

Yesterday I had the last toast I'll be having for a while, as I get bad hayfever if I eat wheat in the spring and summer. It would be doubtless be better if I didn't eat it at all, but I'm not quite there yet!

For dinner last night I had a green smoothie (1/2 a mango,2 handfuls baby spinach, handful of soaked almonds, and a small ripe banana), and later on I had a green juice (3 apples, 3 long stems and leaves of stinging nettle, and 1/2 a lemon). Just before bed I munched an apple.

Today so far I've enjoyed:
  • orange juice (from 4 med. oranges)
  • an apple
  • some rocket from the garden
  • green smoothie with spinach, pineapple and banana
  • two carrots
Been working on my website, and haven't done any yoga. Hopefully I'll get back into it soon.

No comments: